What is Travian?
Travian is a browser game featuring a world with thousands of other real players. One begins the game acting as a chief of a tiny village
* No downloads necessary, the game is directly playable.
* You play with thousands of real players in a persistent ancient world.
* Build up villages, wage wars or trade with your neighbors.
You can choose between three tribes in Travian, Romans, Gauls and Teutons. Each tribe has got its own advantages and disadvantages and their troop types are very different, too. So it is important to choose the tribe that fits to you perfect.
The Roman empire is the tribe in Travian which is most easily played by beginners. Because of its high level of social and technological development the Romans are masters at building and its coordination, and their troops are part of the elite in Travian.
They are very balanced and useful in attacks and also in defending. To guarantee this variety the Roman troops are trained very long and their training is expensive. Their infantry is a living legend, but their defense against enemy cavalry isn't as good as that of the other tribes.
For beginners and those players, who don't know exactly what they want to play, the Romans are the ideal choice.
* Can raise or extend a building and resource field simultaneously.
* High Defense-bonus by wall
* Merchants can carry 500 units of resources (speed: 16 fields/hour)
* Very powerful infantry, average cavalry,
* Development is expensive and takes a long time.
The Gauls are the most peaceful of all three tribes in Travian. Their troops are trained for an excellent defense, but their ability to attack can still compete with the other two tribes. The Gauls are born riders, their horses are famous for their speed which allows their riders to hit the enemy exactly where they can cause the most damage and swiftly take care of their confused enemies.
This tribe is very easy to defend, but an aggressive tactic is possible, too. It gives you the opportunity to develop into any possible strategic direction (defensive or aggressive, lone wolf or reliable helper, merchant or plunderer, infantry or cavalry, settler or conqueror), but you need a bit of experience and talent. Nevertheless also a tribe for beginners!
* Speed bonus: Fastest troops in the game
* Average defense-bonus because of palisade
* Merchants can carry 750 units of resources (speed: 24 fields/hour)
* Cranny is twice as big
* Expensive siege weapons
* Cheap settlers
The Teutons are the most aggressive tribe. Their troops are notorious and feared for their rage and frenzy when they attack. They move around as a plundering horde, not even afraid of death.
But they lack the military discipline of the Gauls or Romans, which causes their weaknesses in speed and defense. For aggressive and experienced players the Teutons are an excellent choice!
* Plunder bonus: the cranny of enemies only hides 2/3 of its content.
* The earth wall is almost indestructible, but only gives a minimal defense bonus
* Merchants can carry 1000 units of resources (speed: 12 fields/hour)
* Very cheap and fast trained troops which are excellent plunderers
* Weak defense